The EU’s scientific research fund has announced funding for nine small Irish companies. The funding is being allocated under the Horizon 2020 SME Instrument.
Under the SME Instrument, the nine Irish SMEs will receive Phase 1 funding – a lump-sum of €50,000 to cover drafting a business plan and three days of business coaching and free business acceleration services. Since the launch of the EU’s SME Instrument in 2014, a total of 65 Irish SMEs have been granted Phase 1 funding.
The 9 Irish SMEs are:
- GDG, Co Wicklow
- Toggam Enterprises Limited, Co Meath
- Milis Bio Limited, Co Cork
- Sothic Bioscience, Co Cork
- BioProbe Diagnostics, Co Waterford
- Helic Ireland, Co Dublin
- Allogen Biotech, Co Dublin
- FlowForma, Co Dublin
- Sonarc Innovations, Co Dublin